I have never been a huge pancake fan, but my husband is doing a good job trying to convince me otherwise. We have found a delicious pancake recipe made from scratch that is to die for. We have made it over and over. The kids keep asking for it again. I think that's a good sign.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, separated + 1 extra egg white
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, and butter in a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and mix. The batter should be lumpy with visible streaks of flour.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold whites into batter until just combined. A few streaks of whites should be visible.
- Using 1/4 cup portions, cook on a skillet at 325 to 350 degrees for approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
Source: Life Hacker
Using the recipe above, just add blue food coloring. Top with strawberries and whipped cream. Now, your pancakes are patriotic. Perfect for breakfast on the 4th of July!
Other posts you may enjoy:
Patriotic Pretzel Hugs
July Subway Art
4th of July Cake