Since moving into my new house a few months ago, I have been looking for the perfect desk for me to use as a sewing/cutting table. I couldn’t find one. There is probably the perfect one out there, but it would probably cost a few pretty pennies. So, this is what I came up with.
1. I purchased pre-made unfinished cabinets from Lowe’s. Like THIS one.
2. I had a friend cut off the toe kick (the bottom part) to make them closer to desk height rather than counter height.
3. I applied primer and white glossy paint.
4. We found this counter top at Ikea. I love that it doesn’t have a back splash.
5. I bought the knobs at The Home Depot. Like THIS one.
6. I cut some vinyl with my Silhouette machine to decorate the knobs with.
I’m loving what we came up with. I love the amount of storage. This is just perfect for what I need. Now, I still need to finish the sides of the cabinets and I’m on the hunt for the perfect chair. I also have a few projects in mind for the walls that I hope to show you soon. What do you think? Would this work for you? I am slowly getting my craft stuff organized and out of the boxes. Now I need to make something. Anything.
Linked up with:
Organize and Decorate Everything
Polka Dots on Parade
The Thrifty Home
Not Just a Housewife
Polly Want a Crafter
Tatertots ad Jello
Skip to my Lou
My World-Made by Hand