My latest craft!

Here is my latest craft.  I think it turned out really cute!
I LOVE that it was vertical instead of horizontal.  That’s different for me!
Here’s how I did it.
My neighbor has a friend who was selling these pre-cut mats for really cheap.
I bought one for $2 and she sold me the frame for $5.
(She doesn’t have the contact info for the person who cut these anymore, so if anyone knows someone who could cut some more for me, let me know!  This would be a super fun super Saturday project or something.)
 I then spray painted the frame black.  I did 2 coats to get it really good.
 Then I let it dry over night.
 Next, I took the pre-cut mat and picked some pictures that would fit in the space allowed.
 The cream mat didn’t look good with my wall color, so I chose to paint it all white!
 When that dried (seriously less than 15 min.),
I taped my pictures to the back in case I ever wanted to switch the pictures out.
Here’s the back.
Here’s the front.

And here’s the final product!  I can’t wait to get it on the wall.
Someday I hope to have a whole photo wall to add it to.

Linking up here:
I {heart} nap time, Ladybug Blessings, Laugh, Love, and Craft, Homemaker on a Dime, Lil’ Luna, Making the World Cuter, Ninth Street Notions, Polka Dots on Parade, Savvy Southern Style, Ginger Snap Crafts, Flamingo Toes, Six Sister’s Stuff,
I Heart Nap TimeLoving Life, Craft-O-Maniac, All Things Related, Delicate Construction

12 Responses to My latest craft!

1. Comeca Jones 08/24/2011 at 5:35 am #

Now thats a cute addition to a gallery wall .Very cute!

2. Toni 08/24/2011 at 10:04 am #

Cute project. Your pictures fit each letter perfect.

3. Ricochet 08/25/2011 at 10:42 am #

Love this project! Great instructions as well!
    You’ve made a follower out of me!
    Best,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

4. Jamie 08/28/2011 at 8:29 am #

Oh my gosh what a great idea!!! I love the idea of having Family pictures in the word Family!

Please feel free to link this up to my new Make Yourself Blog Hop!

-Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

5. SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime 08/28/2011 at 11:14 pm #

Please know how much I appreciate you linking up at the Creative Bloggers’ Party & Hop 🙂 Hope you’ll continually share your creativity with us during the weekly party.

6. Writer Crystal 08/29/2011 at 6:41 am #

This is about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! I LOVE it! I can’t wait to make one!!

7. Chef in Training 08/29/2011 at 12:38 pm #

This is so cute! i love it! Great job!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki

8. Jamie 08/29/2011 at 1:28 pm #

Thank you so much for joining the Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop!! :o)

-Jamie

9. Camille 09/02/2011 at 6:46 am #

So cute- I have seen these mats before and yours turned out darling! I love that it’s vertical too! Thanks so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff last weekend! We would LOVE to have you come back and link up more of your great projects tomorrow!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

10. Anonymous 06/06/2012 at 4:36 am #

Where did you get the precut mat?

• Emily 06/06/2012 at 3:17 pm #

My neighbor had a friend who made these. She doesn’t make them anymore and was selling the rest of her inventory super cheap.

11. site 02/01/2014 at 9:39 am #

s teeth, hair, and skin, annd noo tools are required forr
    assembly. s behavioral problem. I put a small amount of water
    iin a plastic cup and quietly stood in front of my dog, without saying a word.