- Isn’t this quilt amazing? I LOVE this idea. My cousin, Natalie, made this quilt out of all the old T-shirts her husband wore when they dated at BYU. I put this under the free section because if you had some extra fabric to use for the back, this would just basically cost you some time.
- Coupon Books are also fun to receive. The Dating Diva’s have a great post where you can download yours for free OR they give you a tutorial on how to make your own. You can make it fun for staying home, going out, or leave it blank and let him fill it out!
- A night at home with NO kids! Let’s be honest….we all LOVE our kids, but isn’t a little break every now and then the greatest thing? Arrange for someone (i.e. your mom, sister, friend, or neighbor) to keep the kids for a night and you just stay at home!
- A massage, pedicure, facial, or scalp treatment! I know not EVERY man is into these things, but maybe if they tried it, they’d like it. They can be very relaxing and make someone feel very loved and appreciated!
- Make a CD -Remember when we used to make mixed tapes? Why not burn a CD for your husband? Put all of “your” songs on it or all of “his” favorites!
- Gear for Hobbies – hunting, hiking, running, cooking, camping or fishing?
- Items for Work – Brief case, shoes, watch, or office supplies?
- Socks/Underwear – How great are new socks? (My husband likes the really thick, nice ones from Costco! =)
- Iron - or other useful item that your husband uses all the time! (My brother is VERY particular about how his shirts are ironed, so one year he asked for a brand new iron!)
- Batteries – Does your husband use a lot of batteries? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a Costco size package of every size of battery?
- Fire Safe Box – not super dooper fun, but very useful!
(Yes, he is in his work clothes. He’d just gotten off work when the kids noticed Santa had been there. They weren’t waiting!)
- TOOLS – (or tool box/bag) My husband LOVES tools. Harbor Freight is a great resource for cheaper tools.
- Kitchen Tools – How about a new hot chocolate maker from Bed Bath & Beyond? (Grill, Smoker, Apron, Griddle)
- Books (regular, downloadable, or audio) (Financial, cookbook, church, or Self Help?)
- Outdoor fun - Frisbee Golf, Lasso Golf, Croquet, or Bocce Balls. (You have to get these on sale to get them under $20, but it can be done!
- Gift Certificates to favorite fast food places (i.e. Subway, Burger King, or Arby’s). My husband hates to take money out of the checkbook for things like this, but it’s nice to stop and get something every now and then and not feel guilty.
- Games – We like 5 Crowns, Skip bo, and Phase 10. Handheld games are fun too!
- Itunes gift card!
- Magazine Subscription
- Movie Tickets
- Car Wash Gift Certificats – Not fun to buy, but what man doesn’t like a clean vehicle?
- A candy bar letter like this one we did for Fathers Day! YUM!
- Movies – Does your husband have a TV show he liked as a kid? Sometimes on Amazon or Walmart.com you can find good deals on full season of shows. Like we posted here.
- Clothes – Ties, Dress Clothes, Casual Clothes.
- Basket of favorites – (Favorite gum, chips, sunflower seeds, soda, candy bar, or breath mints)
- Car Wash/Detailing Kit
- Remote controlled car, plane, or helicopter.
- Tickets to a concert or sporting event!
- A weekend getaway!! Fly to Arizona, California, or Vegas and have a warm relaxing time!
- A GPS runners watch
- A Big Screen T.V.
- An iPad 2
- Garage shelves or tool organization system.
- iPhone 5 (on sale 10/14)
- 4-wheeler, snowmobile, or camp trailer
- iPod, iPod dock/speakers , Apple TV, or Blue Ray player
So, what about you?
Do you have any great ideas you could add to my list?