This project has been on the list for a long time. It was so easy to make, I wonder why I waited so long to get it done! Using tips from Shelley at House of Smiths, I just changed it up to be what I needed.
Here is the problem: Piles on the counter. I never could find the pair I wanted.
Solution: 12X24 frame (from Hobby Lobby), decorative metal radiator covering (from Lowe's, not Home Depot), and metal snips.
Cut metal to fit frame (I tried my best to center the design). Then I put a little hot glue in each corner to take down the metal. I wanted it to not be permanent, as I might paint the frame a fun color some day. But for now, the black will stay.
With my blow dryer off the counter, and now my jewelry off the counter, my bathroom is going to fill a lot bigger. I'm loving it! My next update for my bathroom is to frame my mirror. It might be a while before I can talk my husband into helping me with that. Maybe I'll ask for that for my birthday. :)