Stove Top Casserole

Have you ever written a recipe?  Well, here is my first attempt.

I guess I can’t take all of the credit.  I had several different recipes for this casserole, so I read each of them, and then wrote my own.  (Does that make me the editor, not the author?)

I am really proud of how my recipe turned out because it was just the way I wanted it – not too juicy, not too dry.  I hope it works out as good in your kitchen as it did in mine.

Ashlee’s Stove Top Casserole

1 pkg Stove Top, prepared as directed on box
4 chicken breasts, thawed and cut up into cubes
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup milk
1&1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Stir milk and soup together until smooth, and then add 1 cup of the cheese.  Stir in chicken pieces, and pour into a 9×13 pan.  Spread remaining cheese on top, then cover with prepared stuffing.  Bake about 35 minutes at 375 degrees or until chicken is completely cooked.

By the way, whenever I see Stove Top on sale, I stock up because this is not the only recipe I use it for!  CLICK HERE to see more recipes you can make with it!

16 Responses to Stove Top Casserole

1. Emily 07/18/2012 at 11:42 am #

Yum! That looks good Ash. Thanks for the idea.

2. Günstige Bilder 07/20/2012 at 5:32 am #

Yummy! That looks just great!! Hm…maybe I should get some chicken breasts and stuff … 😉

3. Cali 07/20/2012 at 8:40 am #

Looks yummy Ash! Did you have pasta or rice with it, or just as is? I wanna try it.

4. Anonymous 11/14/2012 at 6:21 pm #

I made this tonight, and it was very tasty!! Even my picky daughter loved it!

5. Anonymous 11/15/2012 at 8:30 pm #

It would be better with another can of cream of chicken it was thin but sooo good!

6. Alison 12/31/2012 at 8:16 pm #

Love this recipe! I sometimes mix in a package of frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans sort of thing) so my kids more willingly eat their serving of vegetables.

7. Best Dining Bars Restaurants Singapore 05/31/2013 at 12:43 am #

Wonderful great going, I love your work and look forward for more work from your side. I am a regular visitor of this site and by now have suggested many people

8. Cheese with Noodles 06/28/2013 at 1:19 am #

I made this tonight with twice the amount of sauce (per the advice from one of the other commenters!), some garlic powder and salt, and a 12 oz bag of frozen corn. I love that you don’t have to cook the chicken first. It was really good and very filling. Will make it again for sure, thanks so much for the idea!

9. Kevin 02/18/2014 at 12:17 pm #

Question: do you not have to pre cook the chicken first?

• Ashlee 02/18/2014 at 3:00 pm #

Nope. Thaw the chicken and cut it into cubes, then it will cook when you bake the casserole.

10. Debbie H 09/12/2014 at 5:03 pm #

I have made this casserole several times and absolutely love it!! I made it again tonight for dinner but I made a few changes. I made the casserole as written BUT instead of 4 chicken breasts I used 2 chicken breasts (they were large breasts). I added 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced and precooked about 15 minutes and about a cup of fresh sliced mushrooms. I baked it as recipe instructed and it was amazing!! This is definitely a keeper recipe and it’s a great comfort dish. I could eat this casserole weekly if not daily! Thank you for a great recipe!!

11. Judy R 12/23/2014 at 4:01 pm #

Just a quick question – do you need to cover this dish with Reynolds wrap before putting it in the oven? or is it fine without?

• Debbie H 04/14/2016 at 1:36 pm #

No need to cover before baking

12. Shae 08/26/2015 at 10:50 pm #

This could easily be turned into a Thanksgiving leftover casserole! Use turkey instead of chicken, cream of potato soup (instead of cream of chicken), and add corn for some texture.

13. Kristin 04/15/2017 at 5:05 am #

Do you pre-cook the stuffing?

1. Stove Top Casserole – Collector of Recipes - 11/02/2017