Make a list of candy bars and their match, like this:
1. Famous swashbuckling trio of old – 3 Musketeers candy bar
2. Sweet Infants – Sugar Babies
3. Galaxy – Milky Way candy bar
4. A hamburger?? - Whoppers
5. Giggles- Snickers candy bar
6. Thing-a-ma-jig - Whatchamacallit
7. Klutz- Butterfingers
8. Funny Rhyme – Laffy Taffy
9. Famous Homerun Hitter – Baby Ruth candy bar
10. Famous NYC street – 5th Avenue
11. Twin Letters – M&Ms
12. Sounds like a dance - Mamba
13. How long is your break – Take 5
14. Favorite day for working people – Payday candy bar
15. Baby bird on a twig – Chick O Stick
16. Kids- Runts
17. Dry Cows – Milk Duds
18. Two female pronouns – Hershey candy bar
19. Power Nap- Fast Break candy bar
20. Single women’s dream –Big Hunk
21. Flotation devices – Life Savers candies
22. Sun Explosion – Starburst Candies
23. Crackling noise – Crunch bar
24. Determines who wins the game – Skor Bar
Go shopping. Make sure you can find all of the candy on your list, you may have to adjust a little if you can't find a certain candy bar. If this happens, see what candy bars are available and think of a simple clue for your new candy bar.
Make matching cards. I printed out all the clues and answers, cut them apart, and attached them to notecards. I assigned all the answers (the candy bars) a number and all the clues (descriptions) a letter. This way, on each turn you know you need to pick one letter and one number. This made it faster and more enjoyable for the kids. If you want to make it a more difficult matching game, just leave all the cards blank.
Play the game. Take turns playing the matching game. As soon as someone gets a match, that is the treat they get and they are then done playing. Make sure you have enough candy for everyone to get a treat!
More ideas at Family Reunion Helper.
A baby shower version at Lil' Luna.