Have you seen this quote?
As Valentines approaches, Love and Marriage has been on my mind. We can't afford to not protect our marriages. I am always on the look out of ways to strengthen mine. My friend Becca from high school is on the "Stronger Marriage" board in Utah. They are holding this awesome night of education and entertainment. I think it will be really great. The price goes up on Feb. 1st.
Also, I've been reading this book. It is really awesome.
There are a lot of interactive exercises that you can do together...
Here is a quote that I highlighted.."Turning toward your spouse in the little ways is also the key to long-lasting romance. Many people think that the secret to reconnecting with their partner is a candlelit dinner or a by-the-sea vacation. But the real secret is to turn toward each other in little ways every day. A romantic night out really turns up the heat only when a couple has kept the pilot light burning by staying in touch in the little ways.."
There are difference quizzes you can take and different ideas you can do for connecting to one another. Here are some of my favorites (there are 100+)
1. Reunite at the end of the day and talk about how it went.
2. Plan and host a dinner party.
3. Attend an event together.
4. Take turns planning your date night.
5. Do something you both enjoy (bowl, bike, jog, etc.)
6. Talk or read a good book together.
7. Play a board game or do a puzzle together.
8. Test drive new cars (This would be a labor of love in our family-my husband is truck shopping :)
Stay tuned for one more post on marriage. There are so many great quotes and ideas in this book!