I have never been a huge pancake fan, but my husband is doing a good job trying to convince me otherwise. We have found a delicious pancake recipe made from scratch that is to die for. We have made it over and over. The kids keep asking for it again. I think that’s a good sign.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, separated + 1 extra egg white
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix buttermilk, sour cream, eggs, and butter in a medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and mix. The batter should be lumpy with visible streaks of flour.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold whites into batter until just combined. A few streaks of whites should be visible.
- Using 1/4 cup portions, cook on a skillet at 325 to 350 degrees for approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
Source: Life Hacker
Using the recipe above, just add blue food coloring. Top with strawberries and whipped cream. Now, your pancakes are patriotic. Perfect for breakfast on the 4th of July!