Candy Bar Matching Game
Last year I was in charge of our family reunion. I was looking for some fun games and came across this idea to make a candy bar matching game. Everyone loved it and they all got a treat too! Here is what I did.
Make a list of candy bars and their match, like this:
1. Famous swashbuckling trio of old – 3 Musketeers candy bar
Sweet Infants – Sugar Babies
3. Galaxy – Milky Way candy bar
A hamburger?? – Whoppers
5. Giggles- Snickers candy bar
Thing-a-ma-jig – Whatchamacallit
8. Funny Rhyme – Laffy Taffy
9. Famous Homerun Hitter – Baby Ruth candy bar
10. Famous NYC street – 5th Avenue
Sounds like a dance – Mamba
How long is your break – Take 5
14. Favorite day for working people – Payday candy bar
Baby bird on a twig – Chick O Stick
18. Two female pronouns – Hershey candy bar
Power Nap- Fast Break candy bar
20. Single women’s dream –Big Hunk
21. Flotation devices – Life Savers candies
22. Sun Explosion – Starburst Candies
23. Crackling noise – Crunch bar
24. Determines who wins the game – Skor Bar
Go shopping. Make sure you can find all of the candy on your list, you may have to adjust a little if you can’t find a certain candy bar. If this happens, see what candy bars are available and think of a simple clue for your new candy bar.
Make matching cards. I printed out all the clues and answers, cut them apart, and attached them to notecards. I assigned all the answers (the candy bars) a number and all the clues (descriptions) a letter. This way, on each turn you know you need to pick one letter and one number. This made it faster and more enjoyable for the kids. If you want to make it a more difficult matching game, just leave all the cards blank.
Play the game. Take turns playing the matching game. As soon as someone gets a match, that is the treat they get and they are then done playing. Make sure you have enough candy for everyone to get a treat!